Law and Business
Clients value Kyle’s detail-oriented, client-focused, and creative approach to providing solutions. His representative experience includes:
• Serving as General Counsel for consumer products company and active strategic acquirer
• Representing companies and individuals in acquisitions and divestitures from pre-LOI evaluations through post-closing disputes and business integration issues, as well as managing outside counsel and various consultants in litigation, M&A, foreign entity formation, trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings, real estate acquisitions, regulatory, environmental, and trade and customs matters.
• Management of global IP portfolio, trademark applications and maintenance documents, and evaluation of offensive and defensive infringement claims regarding patents, trademarks, and copyrights, including infringement and invalidity issues, workarounds, name clearances, and freedom to operate opinions.
• Litigation and management of broad range of commercial disputes, including breach of contract, insurance coverage and commission disputes, patent and trademark, unfair competition, false claims act, construction, and real estate cases.
• Successful defense of healthcare company, through federal trial, against claims brought by former executive
• Successfully drafting and arguing final summary judgment on behalf of area hospital in ADA litigation.
• Obtaining dismissal of claim against physician and successfully defending appeal.
Education and Achievements
• Bachelor of Science, with honors, from the University of Florida
• Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of Florida’s Levin College of Law, Book Award in Water Law
• Moe’s Southwest Grill Burritos for Life Archer Road Store Champion, 2006
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• United States Court of International Trade